The Journal of Theatrex Asia (ISSN 2345-7678)
JOTA is an e-journal providing a platform for academic sharing and exchanges in the areas of Performing Arts, Culture, Design and Society, focusing on, but not limited to, perspectives from within Asia. This journal is open-access, and in this very spirit of sharing, authors are free to choose their own preferred referencing style and format to present their research. The editorial board consists members of different nationalities and university affiliations in Asia.
Current: Volume 3
Issue 1 – Published on the 3rd April 2017
BRAND MANAGEMENT, MARKETING AND AUDIENCE DEVELOPMENT STRATEGIES: A CASE STUDY OF ‘PIP CULTURAL INDUSTRIES’
/ Wai Hin LIU (view PDF)
CAMBODIAN NEWSPAPER REPORTING ON TERRITORIAL DISPUTES BETWEEN THAILAND AND VIETNAM
/ Dolla SOY (view PDF)
ONLINE TRIAL: NEW FORM OF CYBERBULLYING
/ Ka Yan TAM (view PDF)
Note: The eBook of Volume 3 will only be launched when all issues are published.
Editorial Board (Jan 2017 – Dec 2019)
Mr. Richard Chua (KDU University College, Malaysia)
Prof. Benny Lim (Chinese University of Hong Kong)
Prof. Ser Shaw Hong (Chulalongkorn University, Thailand)
Prof. Stanley Yu (Taipei National University of the Arts, Taiwan)
Note to Authors:
The Journal of Theatrex Asia is an open access e-journal. By open access, it means that all authors acknowledge that the content is free for the public to read, download, print and distribute without their prior permission. Authors are required to ensure that no materials in their manuscripts infringes any existing copyrights. Authors must ensure that their manuscripts have not been published or being considered to be published by another journal. Authors are allowed to submit their conference papers if the papers are not published in the proceedings. There are no fees involved in the publication. Authors will be informed of the editorial board’s decision prior to the publication.
Submission opens all-year round. There will be one volume per year, with possibilities of multiple issues. A new issue will be published with one or two accepted papers.
Manuscripts can refer to ACADEMIC PAPERS (typically 4000 to 7000 words) or REVIEW PAPERS (between 2000 and 4000 words). All manuscripts must be submitted to email@example.com. The manuscript must be submitted in a single Microsoft Word Document attached.
The main body of the email must include: Name of the author(s)/ Faculty and University of each author. If an author is currently a student, please also include the current program of study (for example, MA in Cultural Management).
ALL AUTHORS ARE REQUIRED TO FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING FORMAT, IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR PUBLICATION:
– All manuscripts must be submitted in Microsoft Word Document format.
– No PDF submissions are allowed.
– Font/ Font Size/ Spacing/ Alignment: Times New Roman/ 12 / Double Spacing / Justified Images (jpeg only) must be embedded into the text and not submitted as separate attachments.
– Format of the paper: Title / Abstract (maximum 300 words) / Keywords (maximum 6 words or short phrases)/ Main text/ References. The author’s name and institution should not be included in the paper.
– Referencing: Contributors are free to choose their own preferred citation system. To avoid excessive footnotes, do not include references in the footnotes. All references should be indicated after the main text of the paper. Footnotes (not endnotes) can be used for further explanation or definition of certain subjects or points.